Skilled Worker Visa

Since 1 December 2020, this visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa. This permit allows eligible applicants to stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved sponsor/employer. In order to apply for the Skilled Worker Visa you must have a job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid sponsor licence. You must do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations and be paid a minimum salary depending on the type of work you do. You are expected to be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You are permitted to an additional part-time employment, voluntary work and study with restrictions. Your spouse/ partner and children may join or remain with you in UK as dependants. Generally, they may work and study in the UK subject to certain restrictions.
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship. As part of your application, you will need to prove your identity and provide your documents. When you have completed your application, you will usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks if you are applying from outside the UK or 8 weeks if you are applying from inside the UK.
As a Skilled Worker migrant, you may have right to apply for settlement, after five years of continuous residence in the UK.

Health and Care Worker Visa

This category allows a medical professional to come to, or stay in, the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care. In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional and must work in an eligible health or social care job. The UK employer that must have been approved by the Home Office and it must provide a certificate of sponsorship with information about the role of the applicant. Additionally, you also need to prove that you can read, write, speak and understand English to a level B1 CEFR. After completing 5 years under this category, you may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Please contact us if you need further information.

Temporary Worker Visa

This visa category covers people who want to travel to the UK for temporary work purposes. It permits you to stay in the UK for up to 12 or 24 months depending on the scheme you’re applying for. It includes the following sub-categories.

Holders of the visa categories Creative and Sporting, Charity Workers, Religious Worker, Government Authorised Exchange can bring their partner and children with them as their ‘dependants’ if they’re eligible. However, people who are granted visas as Seasonal Workers and under the Youth Mobility Scheme cannot bring in their family members on their application.
In order to be granted this type of visa, you are generally required to have a job offer from a licensed Tier 5 UK Sponsor, who is confirmed to employ foreign workers, and the relevant Certificate of Sponsorship. (There are some exceptions to this rule.) This permit does not directly take to settlement in the UK, but this time can count towards ten years lawful residence in the UK for ILR purposes. The application fee is £244. The fee is the same whether you’re applying from inside or outside the UK.

  • Creative and Sporting; This category covers people who work in the creative industry, for example actors, dancers, musicians or film crew members etc.

  • Charity Workers; This category is for people who want to do unpaid voluntary work for a charity.

  • Religious Worker; This category covers people want to do religious work in a non-pastoral role or religious order.

  • Government Authorised Exchange; This category is for people who intend to come to the UK for a short time for work experience or to do training, an Overseas Government Language Programme, research or a fellowship through an approved government authorised exchange scheme.

  • International Agreement Workers; This category is for people who are contracted to do work covered by international law or treaty while in the UK. For example if you will be working for a foreign government, or, as a private servant in a diplomatic household, or providing a service under contract as a contractual service supplier or independent professional.

  • Seasonal Workers; This category is for people want to come to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work.

  • Youth Mobility Scheme; This category allows people from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, as well as British Overseas Territories Citizens or British Nationals (overseas) who are aged 18-30 ang have £2,530 in savings to experience life in the UK for a period of up to two years.

Global Talent Visa

A Global Talent Visa is a fair replacement of previous Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas. It has been introduced on 30 January 2021 by the Home Office for “promising” and “talented” individuals in the digital technology sector, who wish to work in the UK. It is not related or included in the Point Based System, so the applicants will not have to score a required point to be eligible for a Global Talent visa. If you are a leader, or a potential leader, in digital technology sector such as fintech, AI, cyber security or so on, then you are eligible for the Global Talent visa. Unfortunately, this visa does not extend to sports professionals.
A Global Talent Visa will allow you to choose the duration of your stay in the UK for up to 5 years, to be either an employee or a director of a company or even establish your own business. You do not need a job offer to apply for Global Talent visa as long as your background is sufficient for you to be promising or be considered as talented. You may have worked and completed your education either on the technical side or the organisational (business) side of the eligible sectors. There is a list of eligible digital technology roles published by the Home Office UKVI.

There are no minimum salary or language requirements for the Global Talent Visa. Yet, if you are considered as an exceptional talent, you need to show that you have been recognised by others as being a leading talent in the digital technology field. If you are to be considered as an exceptional promise, then, the same applies. However, to prove your potential there are some requirements you need to satisfy.
You do need to apply for an endorsement to prove you are a leader or a potential leader in your field. Your applications to the Home Office UKVI will be reviewed within 5 to 8 weeks yet, if your background includes any of the companies that are accepted by them, it is also possible to receive a fast-track decision within 3 weeks. Your family members can join you as your dependants as well, if they fulfil the relevant requirements.

Do you need legal consultation?